Takealot.com, South Africa’s leading online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Engineering Support Team Manager (Supply Chain) to join our team.
- Successfully see initiatives to completion and launch new products while maintaining the existing code base.
- Be involved with the architectural and strategic planning with peers and senior developers
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements, determine root cause issues and manage expectations
- Facilitate discussions in the team and ensure a good design methodology is used on projects.
- Build relationships through regular one on one conversations
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Solid quantitative skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Capability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Ability to interview and interact professionally with internal and external people
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with a broad range of related disciplines such as Development, Cloud Infrastructure, Site Reliability, Provisioning, Configuration Management, and Managed Systems.
- Development experience in a modern programming language, eg. Python, Java, C, C++, etc.
- Operations analyst experience is a major advantage.
- Experience with Web Architectures (e.g. SOA, REST).
- Experience analyzing the root cause of systemic issues within operations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Retail
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A